Are you an experienced robotics or aerospace engineer interested in solving challenging real-world problems in controls, autonomy, perception and 3D mapping? Are you eager to apply your expertise to problems that have a positive impact on the world? Do you want to work among collaborative, mission-driven and values-focused colleagues?
Aria Insights is seeking an Aerospace or Robotics Engineer to help design and develop the next generation small UAV for indoor applications. The ideal candidate has experience participating in hands-on aerospace or robotics research and expertise with motion planning and LIDAR/vision processing. Examples of excellent practical experience include calibrating cameras, model building from point clouds, data fusion for localization, object tracking, and getting a robot from here to there in the real world.
- Design and develop algorithms for indoor GPS denied navigation.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms & systems for autonomous high-level decision making, exploration strategies, and path planning.
- Leverage and improve upon simulation to aid in design and testing of new algorithms.
- Create highly reliable and maintainable codebases that are at the heart of our autonomous system.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute a design objectives.
- Ms, PhD (or highly skilled BS) in Robotics, Computer Science, Aerospace or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a set of the following:
- Perception and path planning on real world robots or UAVs
- Multi-source perception solutions
- Experience implementing SLAM, MSCKF or equivalent vision navigation approach
- Experience fusing other sensor modalities with vision (Structured light, TOF, LIDAR, IMU, Radar, etc)
- Experience with real-time embedded software
- Experience with C/C++.
- Familiarity with some of the following: Python, Matlab, ROS, Gazebo, Embedded Linux.
- Experience with agile software development processes.
- Experience in a collaborative development environment, including paradigms such as continuous integration & delivery, test-driven development, etc.
- Experience building & flying hobby drones a big plus.
Job Type: Full-Time
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Sr Perception & Controls Software Engineer