Unmanned Air System (UAS) Engineer
As a UAS Engineer at Aria Insights, you will be working in a broad set of domains to rapidly prototype unmanned air vehicle systems. You will design, build, and fly unmanned aerial vehicles; set key design criteria for new UAVs; select major components such as motors, propellers, ESCs; and rapidly design sensor suites. Aria Insights is looking for candidates with a background in R/C aircraft design, fabrication, and flight. Candidates with experience in hands-on hardware and software prototyping will thrive in this position.
The ideal candidate:
- Is self-motivated and extremely driven to succeed
- Prefers hands-on work that spans aerospace, mechanical, and electrical design
- Has a passion for R/C aircraft design, prototyping, and flight
- Will take ownership of a design from start to finish
- Design and maintain flight models for new UAVs.
- Rapidly prototype new UAVs and UAV sub-components.
- Thoroughly test and document prototype designs.
- Select major components of new UAVs, including motors, ESCs, user interfaces, flight controllers, airframe components, etc.
- Prototype, test, and down-select sensor suites.
- Work closely with the Hardware team to communicate aircraft requirements and to ensure product designs are flight-worthy.
- Experience with unmanned aerial systems, flight controllers, power systems, sensors, navigation, communications, and R/C-based solutions.
- SolidWorks expertise or similar CAD experience.
- Experience with prototype fabrication, including 3D printing and CNC machining.
- Comfortable with hand tools and standard lab test equipment.
- Experience integrating electrical and mechanical systems with microprocessors, motors, sensors, and actuators.
- Working knowledge of aircraft design, flight mechanics, and aircraft stability and control.
- Soldering and cable design experience is a plus.
- A BS or MS in Aerospace Engineering or other relevant field and real world experience in aircraft prototyping.
Job Type: Full-Time
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject: UAS Engineer